Adam Schwartz is the founder and principal of The Cooperative Way, a consulting firm dedicated to assisting all types of cooperative businesses succeed. The Cooperative Way is a strategic partner with CDS Consulting Co-op, a shared services cooperative of 28 cooperative consultants.
He provides strategic guidance (for boards, employees and members) for organizations seeking to utilize cooperative principles and values as a primary force in serving their members and the community.
The Cooperative Way’s Services include:
- The seven steps to build or restore a cooperative culture within your organization
- The role your co-op can play in rebuilding your local economy
- Becoming an active leader in creating cross sector cooperative collaboration for business, policy and social impacts
- Conducting employee and member surveys
- Increasing productivity through a greater sense of organizational purpose
Prior to founding The Cooperative Way, Adam served as vice president for public affairs and member services from 2005-2011 for the National Cooperative Business Association. From 2001-2005 Adam was Vice President of External Affairs for the National Rural Telecommunications Cooperative. From 1992-2001, Adam was a senior legislative representative for the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association(NRECA).
He is a frequent speaker and author on cooperative business, Adam has appeared on MSNBC and CNN to promote cooperatives as the better business model for economic and social change.