Get published on the Co-op Water Cooler
We're always looking for a fresh perspective. If you have a practical and actionable original article on a cooperative-related topic that you would like to be featured on the Co-op Water Cooler Weekly Discussion blog, please send it our way. The content should be substantive and provide an original perspective on the topic. Content published on the Co-op Water Cooler cannot have been previously published anywhere else. Contributors must own the rights to any content published on the Co-op Water Cooler.
Subjects we focus on include cooperative leadership, operations, positioning, business development, branding, human resources, training, talent, culture, career growth, innovative uses of technology, digital marketing, social media, the cooperative principles and philosophy. Really, anything relevant to cooperatives.
- Be well-written and original.
- Have a logical structure and flow.
- Use subheadings and bullets/lists, where appropriate, to make it easy for the reader to consume the information.
- Include a strong, compelling introduction and a conclusion that wraps up the article or provides a call to action.
- Attribute all data, quotes, and referenced content by hyperlinking to the original source.
- Be between 500 and 800 words; however, don’t sacrifice depth for brevity.
- Avoid promotional information. Your company can be an example, but it should be used as the basis for sharing knowledge.
Do not send:
- Articles that are clearly part of a link building campaign. Including links to your homepage or contact form in the body of the article is a clear sign of this.
- Press releases—we don’t cover news.
- Articles that criticize companies or individuals; this is not a site to air grievances.
- Articles that have appeared on other blogs or news outlets.
How to submit:
Simply fill out the form below. Include all images and charts (at least 600 px wide). If your article meets our quality standards and follows our guidelines, we will email you within two weeks to confirm a publication date. While we make every effort to preserve your voice, we do reserve the right to edit your content for style, grammar, clarity and conciseness.